Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Some of you know the backstory but for those of you that don't, I'll fill you in.  The 4th of July is a wonderful celebration of our nation's birth but for Mommy and Daddy, it was usually a point of contention prior to my coming along.  You see, Daddy is perfectly happy staying in a cool house (all day), eating great food, and then blowing stuff up from the comfort of his (or family's) own home as a way to celebrate. 

Mommy on the other hand loves to go to the parade, see all the tractors, and firetrucks, and cop cars, and other loud, not really cool things.  Then walk miles to sit in the grass and get eaten by mosquitos late at night and hope that other people do a good job blowing things up.  Needless to say, one or both would spend the rest of the year complaining to the other :)

But then I came along and Daddy thought that maybe little girls should get to decide for themselves if parades are a waste of time or not.  So, here are some pics from the Akron 4th of July Parade and I'll let the audience decide if this little girl had a good time.

Waiting with my cousins and aunt for all the candy they said I'd be getting:


And soon enough the first firetruck came along:


And provided some of that wonderful candy (Dum Dum to be exact!)


Then it was time for Grandpa and me to find the tractors:


And here they come (I believe Uncle Jesse said the final count was 57 this year.)


After all that excitement, this little girl was wiped out:


But I found the energy to give Daddy a kiss and say "thank you" for bringing me to the parade!


Mommy and I have already decided we will be coming back next year.  2 is greater than 1 and Daddy is now outnumbered.  Majority vote rules!!!

No comments: